The Benefits of Publishing Your Website with WordPress
You have an idea of how your website should look. Now, it’s time to bring that idea to life. A web publishing platform will allow you to design a website and fill it with content that appeals to your target audience. This is where you get to play with different layouts and see which aesthetic best fits your business.
Deciding to invest in a web publishing platform is the easy part. The real question is, which one will you choose? Many business owners create their websites with WordPress because its benefits outshine other web publishing platforms on the market. Keep reading to learn more about web publishing platforms and why WordPress tops the list.
What is a web publishing platform?
A web publishing platform lets you create and upload websites to the internet. Web publishers use these platforms to create websites for small businesses, organizations and personal use. Web publishing platforms are also designed to modify content on webpages. They allow publishers to upload text, images, video and other forms of digital media.
Many different web publishing platforms are available based on the publisher’s skill level. Some publishers might use professional desktop software that allows them to create websites from scratch. These software programs require extensive coding knowledge, which can make them difficult for beginners. Web-based interfaces like WordPress are much easier to navigate and provide a quick and simple web publishing experience.
Web publishers need three things to make a website visible on the internet—a web server, an internet connection and a web publishing platform. The platform is where the publisher will create the website. The internet connection transfers the website onto the web server, which hosts the website and makes it accessible to online users.
It’s worth noting that a web publishing platform isn’t necessary to post on social media. The companies that own Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pay for dedicated servers to host their social media websites. Users can post text, images and videos on their profiles, but they’re not altering the webpages themselves.
Reasons to publish with WordPress
WordPress is one of the most popular web publishing platforms. Millions of publishers use WordPress to create their websites due to the platform’s easy, customizable publication process. This web publishing platform is scalable, too, making it suitable for everyone from personal bloggers to large corporations.
Check out these other benefits of publishing websites with WordPress:
- User-friendly interface: Anyone can learn to use WordPress in minutes. Unlike professional web publishing software, WordPress requires zero coding skills because the webpage designs are already laid out for you. The back-end interface is easy to navigate, allowing publishers to rearrange content with just a couple clicks.
- Web publishing for cheap: WordPress is one of the most affordable options out there. The platform is completely free to use, and publishers can create websites for as little as one dollar a month. WordPress offers flexible pricing so publishers only pay for the services they need.
- Search engine optimization: WordPress has built-in SEO features to improve your website’s ranking in search results. The platform has sections where the publisher can add relevant keywords and customize URL links. All the SEO tools are in place to help drive traffic to your website once it’s live on the internet.
- Mobile compatibility: In order to rank high in search results, a website must be compatible for mobile devices. Websites earn higher rankings for mobile compatibility because they’re seen as more credible and create a positive user experience. The dawn of smartphones has made it increasingly important for websites to adapt to smaller screens. WordPress offers mobile-friendly webpage layouts that make your website easy to use on computers and on the go.
- Customizable designs: WordPress lets publishers tailor webpage designs based on their unique brand identities. The platform has thousands of colors, themes and layouts to choose from so no two websites look exactly alike. Publishers are able to create websites with relevant content that caters to the users’ needs. The publisher can design a website however they want, no coding skills necessary.
Web publishing made easy with Seeworthy
A web publishing platform is essential for putting your website out into the world. What’s even more important is collaborating with someone who knows how to use it. Seeworthy Marketing uses web servers, internet access and WordPress to create custom websites for businesses both big and small. Our web publishing professionals do all the work so you won’t have to lift a finger. Get in touch to start building your website!